RE: Moving focus to another place after pressing a button

IMHO

A button is a component that when used as expected is "activated", and there is an expectation that when activated, context will change.  Thus there is no change of context violation.  BUT.

Possibly WCAG 2.0 - 3.2.2 On Input?  With buttons and links, normal behavior is a very significant change of context (like going to a new page entirely).  A less substantial change of context could be viewed as "unexpected", and 3.2.2 requires that the user be informed of the possible context change before making a change in value.  To me this is a big stretch.

Possibly WCAG 2.0 - 3.2.3 Consistent Navigation?  Same reason as above, usually there would be a significant change of context (going to a new page entirely), thus is pressing a button that causes a less substantial change of context inconsistent with typical expectations?  This is less of a stretch, but still really reaching to make this sc fit this use case.

Possibly WCAG 2.0 - 3.3.2 Labels or Instructions?  Is there an instruction given for the user to inform him/her that a less substantial change of context (a focus shift) will occur when the button is activated?  Still a reach in my mind.

I avoid injecting "opinion" into standards, in that if I identify behavior I don't care for, I don't try and force a standard to apply just to call the behavior "non conforming".  I'm reaching to find a standard that could apply to this use case, and thus am not comfortable claiming that this is a violation of a standard.

Regards,

Chuck