From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: 21 February 2019 17:03
To: EA Draffan <ead@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Focus for Working Group

Hi EA,

> I feel ill equipped to make these decisions without checking the implications specifically relating to coga issues.

The implications are not very direct for COGA, but I’ll try to outline:

If we do a 2.2, there are 5 potential SCs from COGA, so 0 - 5 SCs might get included. A proportion of the AGWG time will be spent on that process, and we would be looking for help from COGA TF people to get the SCs started.

If we didn’t do a 2.2, the group’s time would be split between 2.1 updates and Silver. However,  we have heard from Shawn (one of the Silver TF co-ordinators) that they don’t want the entire group to focus on Silver quite yet.

There are potentially other things the group could do between 2.1 & Silver, but for chartering purposes we’d need some ‘normative’ work (2.2/silver) to get our charter for the next period of work, after Oct this year.

HTH,

-Alastair