Re: Using preformatted text or excluding preformatting text as an exception to no two dimensional scrolling as failure for Reflow 1.4.10

Does someone want to work on some explicit techniques with me. I see a
couple of issues:

1) When is Pre necessary to usage or meaning? I think we should group
source this. That is send out for candidates that fit this hypothesis?
2) When common usages of pre do not meet the "usage or meaning" hypothesis,
how can they be fixed?

It seems like most of the 'bad' cases are really trying some kind of
irregular table-like format. Consider properly indented code. It is an
irregular table. Columns begin at variable points in the line and extend to
the end. This analogy is not exact enough to fail the table example, but it
is similar. How do we fix it? Do we use another system of elements to
produce the desired result? Or do we restrict the way authors can use pre
elements to designate a particular content type?

In the case of code, reflow means word-wrapping in a form that preserves
the indentation. This is because it enables all users to perceive the block
structure at a glance. Remember, we are talking about depicting code, not
actual code. The character set is quite different. ie. < is &lt; etc. One
of the problems of making display code accessible is that it is not as
regular as is code for compilation and running.

Anyone interested... Patrick maybe.  This could be fun.

Best, Wayne