Re: Using preformatted text or excluding preformatting text as an exception to no two dimensional scrolling as failure for Reflow 1.4.10

On 29/01/2019 14:30, Joshue O Connor - InterAccess wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any progress on the potential Failure "Using preformatted text
> or excluding preformatting text as an exception to no two dimensional
> scrolling". [1]
>
> I find this really difficult to parse - can anyone explain the thinking
> behind this one to me please?
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/reflow.html

I'm guessing the failure per se is the use of preformatted text, with
the addition of wrongly thinking that it might be something that's valid
to exclude as being required to reflow? And that in the end, the failure
will be retitled to just "Using preformatted text" with a clear
indication in the prose of the failure that no, it doesn't count
automatically as an exemption?

Patrick H. Lauke