Re: What is a failure of 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose?

> if an organization wanted to publicly publish the taxonomy in a more
robust format (hello Schema.org), then there is no technical reason why
using, say, Microdata to achieve the goal would not be conformant. It might
not actually *DO* anything at this time (lack of tooling), but the fairly
robust if 'wordy' Microdata syntax and mechanism would not be a fail - *IF
it referenced a publicly published taxonomy library that matched the values
in Section 7.*

I would not pass something that is not accessibility supported.
"... the Success Criteria require that something be done in the Web content
that would make it possible for assistive technologies to successfully
present the content's information to the user. "
https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/conformance.html#uc-accessibility-support-head

I understand in Silver there is a proposal to change this and to move to a
more standards based approach where everybody builds to the standard and if
the AT or Browsers don't do their part then it still passes. But that is
not WCAG, which requires that conforming techniques work with the AT and
the browsers which are depended upon for conformance. WCAG 2.0 requires
real world current benefit to users rather than an aspirational hope that
something will happen in the future with an SC. WCAG SCs for 2.0 were not
created with the "build it and they will come" approach although this 2.1
SC starts to hint in that direction.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*