Re: Understanding doc 1.4.11, updates

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2019 14:20:51 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

I made some updates that will go into the survey for next week. I think it represents where we got to in the call.
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/550#issuecomment-451454473

  *   Updated the text to show that contrast between states (including functional) is not required, but that functional ones are likely to be covered in future.
  *   Removed the focus indicator examples. They are still valid, but should be added as techniques under focus-visible.
  *   Added a "to be added" technique at the bottom of the focus-visible understanding doc.

That reduces (slightly) the scope of the requirement, and leaves room for a 2.2 SC such as Detlev’s suggestion:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/559

It also moves the focus-indicator examples out of this understanding document, and puts a TBC technique under focus-indicator.

Cheers,

-Alastair