Re: AGWG Meeting Minutes for Tuesday, May 28, 2019

On 28/05/2019 22:50, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> Content carousels that rely on the user's ability to drag (with mouse or
> touch) the slides manually to go to the previous/next slide, and provide
> fallback custom keyboard operation by allowing users to cursor
> left/right to move between slides, but otherwise offer no control that
> allow to simply click to go to previous/next slide...these would now not
> be in scope of pointer gestures, and not fail any other SC, right?

For clarity, this is one of the scenarios I clearly remember discussing
in the Mobile A11y TF because it meant that touch+AT users would be
unable to operate this carousel (as there's nothing there to move the
accessibility focus to and activate, using touch drags/swipes would not
work as they'd be intercepted by the AT, and touch+AT users unless they
have a physical keyboard also can't trigger the cursor keys - since they
can't summon the on-screen keyboard at will, and even if they could the
OSK doesn't have cursor keys).

Patrick H. Lauke