Re: AGWG Meeting Minutes for Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I read the minutes and the resolution:
The WG intended that path-based gestures in 2.5.1 does not include gestures that only depend on the start and end points. <https://www.w3.org/2019/05/28-ag-minutes.html#resolution01>
I could not be on the call today to put in my -1. So it goes. I can live with that resolution, but find it troublesome. My point remains that to drag, you need to perform the MOTION of dragging, so you do not ONLY depend on start and end point. As I said before, the exception from 2.1.1 is ill-fitting as a reference because it was never meant to cover operational path-based gestures. It now entitles authors to use control sliders WITHOUT single point alternatives whenever dragging is not strictly directional (which, narrowly interpreted, would be as soon as your gesture veers outside a very narrow band - 5 px perhaps? Technically, you would then pass.) I think we are failing users that need single point activation on things like control sliders. But I am aware that I am repeating myself and will shut up now.

Detlev