Re: Bug: Firefox Accessibility Inspector reports placeholder attribute as eligible for accessible name

On 09/08/2018 01:37, Glenda Sims wrote:
[...]
> Eric, Patrick,  is it still valid for me to ask for F68 to be updated to
> include placeholder?
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20161007/F68

Updated how? I think the only reasonable place to change this would be
adding a mention of placeholder to

"Other options include use of the title attribute and aria-label which
are used to directly provide text that is used for the accessibility
name or aria-labelledby which indicates an association with other text
on a page that is providing the name."

(though that sentence, as it starts with "Other options include...",
didn't mean to be an exhaustive list, so it doesn't preclude placeholder
at the moment, just doesn't mention it)

Patrick H. Lauke