From: David MacDonald [mailto:david@can-adapt.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:59 AM
To: Alastair Campbell
Cc: WCAG
Subject: Re: Possible new CSS to allow two color focus rings.

I think that technique is discussed in the CSS thread.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1172

The idea of adding it to something like stylish, starts to blur the lines between author responsibility and user responsibility and browser responsibility.

I can hear the dev community asking themselves "why do I have to do implement this across my site for all users if an end user can just install a plugin to get what they need, and when a browser can easily make this a setting?"

Should we be rolling this into the category of "don't interfere with user overriding the focus indicator?" Instead of "make the focus indicator have sufficient contrast?" in Silver?

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Mobile:  613.806.9005