RE: 1.3.5 from Mark

Hi Chuck,

At this stage I think we need to focus on the SC, in this case we need something that has some programmatic identification of the purpose for these types of content when relevant:

  *   Regions
  *   UI controls
  *   Icons

And (because it’s about personalisation) show that something can be done to them based on that.

It doesn’t require that a particular standard is used for the metadata, although obviously we do need to have documentation for that PDQ after this. However, I’d rather have a discussion of “accessibility-support” after the immediate deadline.

The AUI example [1] does have programmatically associations for each of the types of content in scope, and (with the styles applied via plugin) does something with them. If you agree, that should pass.

The older version on rawgit [2] has some links which are not covered, but things like ‘sports’ are unlikely to be covered by a standard. It does mark the purpose of the regions (via role), and some of the links: home, about, contact-us, sitemap. That is via ‘aria-function’, which isn’t the current form but the page itself implements the personalisation.
It also marks the purpose of the form elements, so I think it has covered 2 of the 3 items in the SC text.

It doesn’t cover icons, but it doesn’t have any (without the customisation), so that is not a fail, it just doesn’t demonstrate that aspect because there isn’t content for it.

So I’m going to pass that, with the caveat that I need to discuss with the chairs if we need another example on icons, I’m not sure of the policy around that sort of coverage.

Cheers,

-Alastair

1] https://a11y-resources.com/developer/adaptable-ui-personalisation-example

2] https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html