RE: Question on techniques for Identify Common Purpose

From: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 18:34:37 +0000
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
CC: Joshue O Connor - InterAccess <josh@interaccess.ie>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, lisa.seeman <lisa.seeman@zoho.com>

From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@levelaccess.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:07 PM

I seriously think we will need to address situations beyond HTML and input elements with autocomplete.  If we can’t agree on answers to these issues I’m concerned that this SC won’t be testable.
[Jason] It will be testable, but not capable of implementation beyond HTML form elements.
It would be possible to create metadata of the kind that John envisages which maps, let’s suppose, accessible name strings used on my Web site to the corresponding tokens from the HTML autofill list. However, we don’t have a technology for doing this, much less one that is accessibility-supported; and it won’t happen in time for WCAG 2.1.

Thank you for your compliance.