Re: Question on techniques for Identify Common Purpose

Thanks for the feedback John.

Jonathan Avila wrote:

> 3) Will the autocomplete attribute need to be added to <div> elements?
> Which at the moment really looks kind of weird and feels wrong IMO.
>
> If the div is an input that uses contentEditable or some other type of
> input control like a birthday chooser, etc. that falls as input and
> has a mapped purpose in autocomplete values of 5.2 then it would need
> to define the purpose ā€“ but the autocomplete attribute would not be
> appropriate.  Iā€™d imagine you would need to define the purpose
> programmatically via techniques related to schema.org ā€“ otherwise if
> it is not be input then it would not fall under this SC at level aA.

Right, and this is important (and likely trickier)  - especially for the
AAA Identify common purpose SC. I'm interested in what these schema
should look like - even if there are not 'there yet' - any URI pointers
appreciated. I guess it looks like the autocomplete schema will mostly
be fit for purpose for the AA SC but is potentially insufficient for AAA
(and note guys I say this without fear or favour)..

Thanks
--
Joshue O Connor
Director | InterAccess.ie