Re: CFC - Target Size (2 options)

On 20/01/2018 00:17, White, Jason J wrote:
[...]
> We also find the commentary that you can’t ask authors (or accessibility
> testers) to test that 44px by 44px really renders acceptably on every
> possible consumer device troubling. We need to remember that it is the
> consumer/user who is being inconvenienced when the device they choose
> (whether for economics, or other reasons) can’t render touch targets
> that are at usable size, even if the authored content is technically
> conformant.

So what is your practical suggestion on this? Normatively define that
authors and auditors must test on particular devices, defined
normatively somewhere?

When new devices come out, that for whatever reasons deviate subtly from
what those devices do (and all of a sudden a size that was valid is
rendered a millimeter or so below the real-world size as measured on
screen that's mandated), it's a fail - and retrospectively all other
passes are fails?

Patrick H. Lauke