Re: Target size proposal

I'm trying to work in Patrick's suggestion to allow a preferences/settings
page linked from the page provide the mechanism:

======

The size of the target for pointer inputs is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels
or is at least 26 by 26 CSS pixels with 8 CSS pixels spacing between
targets except when:

-       Equivalent: The target is available through an equivalent link or
control on the same page to provide this spacing between targets;
-       Setting: A mechanism is available to provide this spacing between
targets;
-       Inline: The target is in a sentence or block of text;
-       User Agent Control: The size of the target is determined by the
user agent and is not modified by the author.
-       Essential: A particular presentation of the target is essential to
the information being conveyed

For the last exception I could live with any *one* of the following:

-       Viewport size: The viewport size has a length (height or width) of
at least 1000 CSS pixels. Or
-        Show/hide: the target is in a popup menu or disclosure
-       No coarse pointer: no touchscreen or coarse pointer was detected
when using a technology supported query

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*