Re: Finding agreement on common purpose

Léonie Watson wrote:
> Is the intent of this SC for authors to use one (or more) of the HTML
> tokens exactly as defined, or for authors to use any token that maps to
> one of the tokens defined in HTML?

Originally, it was to have a set of defined “purposes” that could be mapped to HTML autofill tokens (for inputs), and other meta-data for links / controls.

The other aspects are in the process of being dropped, so it is just things that map to autofill now.

I still think we should have a list of purposes in WCAG, a sub-set of which map to autofill. That way it could expand later to include other techniques instead of having a new SC that overlaps a lot. A small abstraction layer between the guidelines and the technical specs to keep it focused.

-Alastair