From: Kathy Wahlbin [mailto:kathy@interactiveaccessibility.com]
Sent: donderdag 11 januari 2018 14:19
To: Detlev Fischer (TK) <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: CFC - Changes to Target Size for Issue 631

Here is what I would propose:

The size of the target for pointer inputs is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels or is at least 26 by 26 CSS pixels with 8 CSS  pixels spacing between targets except when:

Equivalent - The target is available through an equivalent link or control on the same page that is at least 44 by 44 CSS pixels;
Inline- The target is in a sentence or block of text; User Agent Control - The size of the target is determined by the user agent and is not modified by the author.
Essential- A particular presentation of the target is essential to the information being conveyed;

This is based on the Microsoft research that the MATF looked at.  I am travelling so I can't pull up the study paper.