Re: SC 1.4.11

> I'm fairly sure nature means button, input etc, the role.

OK, not explicitly defined, but I'll give that to you, that we can agree on
"role" as an interpretation here.

> So data associated means state info, e.g. This thing is pressed, active
etc.

Fair.

> It doesn't mean if it's visually separate.

It doesn't mean it's not, either.

In fact, *changes *of state MUST be properly communicated (and perceived)
to and by all users. That is exactly why we have role, STATE, and property
in ARIA (to accommodate non-sighted users), therefore I will assert, for
sighted users the argument could be made (I'm making it) that state is
indeed visually separate i.e. we get differing visual values/cues when
state changes, just like we get differing aria-state (audio) values/cues
when state changes.

JF