Re: SC 1.4.11

>The disagreement comes from how we assume people will interpret the
language for the exception,

Agreed (so in the Understanding documents, let's lead them to the right
​interpretation
)

> ...and who’s responsible for poor default-focus indictors.

Pretty close, but, rather:

...and who’s responsible for poor default-focus indictors
​
when the page author
*has changed any of the browser default​ *
*CSS declaration*
*s​​*
 ​
that impacts the focus indicators
​
(which could include changing the page background color​​, or styling
​​something like a native button​, i.e., like
​
​when
changing the background of the button itself to black, and the impact that
has in Firefox today)​
*. *

*"If you change any of it, you own all of it" *(except when you literally
cannot, due to technical reasons). I don't see that as hard to explain.

JF*​*

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist