RE: Too much contrast and guidelines

I want to chime in with some not necessarily productive information on this topic.

We interacted with an individual who needed to use high contrast mode.  This individual could not use black on white (where white was the dominant color of the screen), as this mode would create migraines after 20 minutes of use, and the individual would be unable to work for the remainder of the day.

This individual could, however, make use of white on black (where black was the dominant color of the screen).

The lesson I took from this experience is that it’s important to test both high contrast themes, and that advocating one as a work-around over the other (when the U/I behaves poorly in one but not the other) is not in fact an adequate work-around.

I’m interested as well in best practices if they exist,

Thanks,

Charles Adams