Re: Resolving 1.4.11

> Or does the lack of visual information for *all *users about the input
mean this is a design issue, not an accessibility issue?

Like David and Detlev, I also agree with this statement (i.e. it ain't
great for *anyone*, but is a design issue as it impacts everyone, and not
just a sub-group).

> I don't think we can say visual cues are necessary to pass this SC, but
if  cues *are* used that are required to identify the component, then they
need to be 3:1.

Precisely, and this has been my understanding of this SC for some time now.

However as David notes we have 'eased up' a fair bit from where we were
previously, but like David, I don't see that as a bad thing (although as my
colleague Wilco has observed, we've now also made this a manual as opposed
to automated test, given the added amount of subjectivity we injected).

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist