Re: Clarification of "functionality"

Concerning Greg Lowery's question.

Outcomes is the key element of functionality. Inclusion of processes may
have been a mistake that we can correct later.

So, to answer Gregg's question we must know what the intended outcome of
receiving keyboard focus or setting a checkbox or radio button must be.

If we want to set the font size and giving focus to a button is the only
path to set font size, then failure to set the focus blocks functionality.
Setting the focus is part of a process that is the gateway to an outcome.

I ran into this problem this week with an application that had wonderful
access to font-family, but it was mouse only. You could set font-size,
color and other visual settings by keyboard, but not font-family. You
couldn't even do it with a screen reader.

The functionality of customized font-family was not available to keyboard
only users. I guess the assumption was that anyone who needed to change
font-family could use a mouse.

Wayne