From: Greg Lowney <gcl-0039@access-research.org>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 2:33 PM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Clarification of "functionality"

I'd like clarification on the meaning of "functionality" as used in WCAG. The two questions are, when the user interacts with a form:

  1.  does moving keyboard focus to a control count as functionality?
  2.  does changing the state of a check box or radio button count as functionality?

As background, the Glossary includes:
functionality

processes<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#dfn-processes> and outcomes achievable through user action
process

series of user actions where each action is required in order to complete an activity

    Thanks,
    Greg