Re: Graphics contrast comments overview

On Nov 15, 2017, 8:46 AM -0800, Michael Gower <michael.gower@ca.ibm.com>, wrote:
> There is no language requiring a contrast minimum between the states themselves. I would really like that to at least be captured in the Understanding doc, if it can't be part of the SC, because being unable to differentiate between states is as much of a problem as not being able to differentiate between controls.
I always fail this on 1.4.1 Use of Color: Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying information, indicating an action, prompting a response, or distinguishing a visual element. (Level A)

If the ratio is 3:1 or greater then it is no longer color alone (hue and lightness) so no longer fails 1.4.1. As such I don’t think this needs to be in this SC.