RE: Proposed replies to Pointer Gestures public comments (IBM)

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 10:30 AM

> All functionality can be operated with a single untimed pointer gesture unless a multipoint or timed gesture is essential.

For issue 456 I think the language of this SC oversteps its original intention. My recollection is that we wanted to ensure all functionality could be operated *Without* multi point or timed gestures. However this SC language is requiring that all functionality be usable with a mouse (pointer) .

[Jason] Correct. I had planned to raise this as an issue, since it departs from what I recall the working group’s joint intention to be.

My proposal roll the requirement of the SC back to something like this:

> All functionality which requires multipoint or timed gestures for operation, can be operated with a single untimed pointer gesture unless a multipoint or timed gesture is essential.
[Jason] This is somewhat contradictory: you’re saying that it requires multipoint or timed gestures, then prescribing that it doesn’t.
What you really mean, I suspect, is more the following:

  *   All functionality that can be operated with pointer input can be operated with a single untimed pointer gesture, unless a multipoint or timed gesture is essential.
  *

Thank you for your compliance.