Cell: +1-514-730-9168
Email: denis.boudreau@deque.com [mailto:denis.boudreau@deque.com]

Keep in touch: @dboudreau [http://www.twitter.com/dboudreau]

On 2017-09-29 10:11:47 AM, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Denis

What are your thought on deemphasis on SC numbers like this?
https://alastairc.ac/tests/wcag21-examples/wcag21-model7.html [https://alastairc.ac/tests/wcag21-examples/wcag21-model7.html]

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.
Tel:  613.235.4902
LinkedIn
[http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmacdonald100]
twitter.com/davidmacd [http://twitter.com/davidmacd]
GitHub [https://github.com/DavidMacDonald]
www.Can-Adapt.com [http://www.can-adapt.com/]

  Adapting the web to all users
            Including those with disabilities

If you are not the intended recipient, please review our privacy policy [http://www.davidmacd.com/disclaimer.html]

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:28 AM, Denis Boudreau (Deque) <denis.boudreau@deque.com [mailto:denis.boudreau@deque.com]> wrote:

I'm sure others have mentioned it already, but the impact of changing the numbering system would be huge for anyone building or maintaining an accessibility tool out there. Whether it's an assessment tool for accessibility, or any kind of homemade spreadsheet to keep up with a testing methodology for that matter. Same holds true for any documentation people may have built for themselves, that is structured according to SC that have been around for almost 10 years (if we account for the fact that these SC did not come out of thin air in December of 2008).

Changing the number system is easy. Adapting to these changes around the world is not. The impacts of changing this now, especially when we might just be a few years away from a totally different set of guidelines (Silver) seems like a terrible idea to me.

/Denis

--
Denis Boudreau,
Principal accessibility consultant & trainer