From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2017 4:22 AM
To: kimberlee.dirks@thomsonreuters.com
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Numbering WCAG 2.1

Hi Kim,

I’m a bit confused, the logical result of:
> keep the numbers sequential,
> levels together, and
> honor (keep) the WCAG 2.0 numbers.

would be that we cannot add new SCs at A or AA, as either numbers would be out of sequence, or the levels would be.

Assuming we do add new SCs above AAA, we either have to re-order or re-number in some way, am I missing something?

My suggestion (for later) was that we de-emphasise the numbers and then allow them to be out of order, so that the levels are kept together.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com/> / @alastc