Re: Purpose of Controls SC

> The idea is that it’s programmatically available, but not necessarily the
name. A user-agent side thing (like an extension) would check for
recognised meta-data or description, or that becomes the extended
description anyway with title.

Exactly, and in fact another potential Technique for the AA SC would /
could be to use aria-describedby (as long as the description tells the end
user what is expected of them with or from the control or input).

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist