Re: Minor editorial proposal for WCAG 2.1: use of ordered vs unordered lists in SC text

On 02/08/2017 10:15, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

[...]
> SCs with ordered/numbered lists: 1.4.8, 3.3.4, 3.3.6
>
> I'd suggest changing the ordered lists to unordered would make most
> sense. And as I don't believe this change alters the meaning of the SCs'
> normative text, this is purely editorial/non-substantive.

Addendum: I can see the potential argument that in the case of 1.4.8
numbered list was used to emphasise that all of those conditions need to
be true. However, that's not the case for 3.3.4 and 3.3.6 (they're "at
least one..." type lists there).

And if 3.3.4 and 3.3.6 were changed to unordered lists (to match all
other instances of "at least one..." type lists), then 1.4.8 would be
the only numbered list, so I'd argue it should also be changed to
unordered, perhaps strengthening the prose before the list instead to
emphasise that ALL conditions must be met.

Patrick H. Lauke