RE: SC for user agent dependence

I think you could modify the proposed note to clarify the issue. The language in the definition of "conforming alternate version" could be adapted, if necessary.

From: Repsher, Stephen J [mailto:stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 3:23 PM
To: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: SC for user agent dependence

Hi Jason,

I'm not referring to conforming alternates at all.  Just as with the note added, I'm referring to things like media queries which can change a page significantly based on screen size.  The note says that both the mobile version and the desktop version must conform, but only a success criteria can specify that I should be able to access the same content and functionality through each version.

Steve