From: James Nurthen <james.nurthen@oracle.com<mailto:james.nurthen@oracle.com>>
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 12:58
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org<mailto:w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Discussion on SC numbering

If we are going to have different numbers in 2.0 vs 2.1 for the same success criteria I would very much favour the 2.1 scheme being something completely different.

For example instead of 1,2,3 and 4 for Perceivable, Operable, Understandable and robust how about using letters (or something else)

So, for the example below, 1.4.7 in WCAG 2.0 would be P4.8 in WCAG 2.1. That way there would be no doubts about which version we were referring to, just from the success criteria "number" alone.

Regards,

james