W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

Minutes of the Silver Task Force Teleconference of 6 December 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 10:39:08 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <2e01fe66-efbb-4d29-02a6-f2c97ca4739a@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes:

https://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to make an editorial/spelling/punctuation pass of 
Research Projects page [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to retweet and do some personal outreach for 
Stakeholder names [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to start organizing Secondary Research in January. 
Contact people in W3C and liasons to other standards organizations 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]

Text of Minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

06 Dec 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Shawn

    Regrets
           Sarah

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]quick review of Stakeholder submission responses
          2. [5]Research Projects wiki page
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      * [7]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <SarahHorton> Have sent out requests for research partners and
    updated communication channels spreadsheet accordingly

    <SarahHorton> Also have started sheet with people who have
    responded, two responses so far!

    <SarahHorton> Cannot post links to sheets because they contain
    contact information


quick review of Stakeholder submission responses

    JS: 132 responses. (may include duplicates) We have 43
    accessibility professionals

    SL: I will make a copy of the spreadsheet and start cleaning up
    the data.
    ... 19 flagged as Academic
    ... 24 people with a disability
    ... 17 disability organizations
    ... 35 Thought Leaders
    ... 87 Accessibility professional
    ... 45 Developer
    ... 35 Designers
    ... 21 QA Professional
    ... 14 Policy makers
    ... 4 web browser developers
    ... 1 assistive technology vendors
    ... 6 authoring tool developers
    ... We will have to do a sanity check. I can see that many of
    these names are not categorized correctly.
    ... many people have multiple listings

   JS: 26 Others

    SL: Quick takeaway: We should do outreach to web browser
    developers, assistive technology vendors, authoring tool
    developers.

    JS: Let's do another twitter push today and especially do some
    outreach to personal contacts in categories where we know we
    need more names. Also international outreach. We need names
    from China -- Jeanne will do some outreach there.

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to retweet and do some personal
    outreach for Stakeholder names [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Research Projects wiki page

    [9]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_P
    rojects

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects

    Jeanne updated the Surveys section to add a sample list of
    types of survey and languages that Jeanne is pretty confident
    that we can support.

    JS: Added more detail to Literature review. David Sloan wants
    to get started on this.

    Secondary Research

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to start organizing Secondary Research
    in January. Contact people in W3C and liasons to other
    standards organizations [recorded in
    [10]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]

    WCAG analysis

    * Scope of the analysis

    * Content

         ** Guidelines

         ** Structure

    WCAG Process

    * Creation

    * Maintenance

    * Communication

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to make an
    editorial/spelling/punctuation pass of Research Projects page
    [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-6 - Make an
    editorial/spelling/punctuation pass of research projects page
    [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2016-12-13].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to make an editorial/spelling/punctuation
    pass of Research Projects page [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to retweet and do some personal outreach
    for Stakeholder names [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to start organizing Secondary Research in
    January. Contact people in W3C and liasons to other standards
    organizations [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action03
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action01
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2016/12/06-silver-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 6 December 2016 15:50:48 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:07 UTC