From: Matt Garrish [mailto:matt.garrish@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 November 2016 16:06
To: 'David MacDonald' <david100@sympatico.ca>
Cc: 'WCAG' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; 'Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL' <ryladog@gmail.com>; 'Wilco Fiers' <w.fiers@accessibility.nl>; 'Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken' <tsiegman@wiley.com>; 'George Kerscher' <kerscher@montana.com>; 'Charles LaPierre' <Charlesl@benetech.org>; 'Avneesh Singh' <avneesh.sg@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: DPUB Set of Web Pages

Yes, this is interesting, but I'm not sure how to respond. As we work to a web publication definition, there are challenges we'll need to address, but I can't see how we could develop a specification that ignores wcag requirements. You absolutely have to have multiple ways to access the pages of a publication, for example. In EPUB, the reading system facilitates seamless navigation from document to document through the spine (metadata about the order). There is also a required table of contents, and publications often have other forms of navigation, like indexes, access to static page break locations, search functionality through the reading system, etc. I'm fully expecting that we won't compromise anywhere, but details of the pitfalls you encountered would be helpful.

Matt