Re: Colour Luminosity/Contrast for form inputs/controls/components

From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2016 12:19:09 -0500
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Right... the SC would give a contrast minimum for focus, not a prescription
of HOW that is to be done. We've *never* required specific techniques in
WCAG.

It just happens that when Jon mentioned VO cursor, it solved the problem I
saw the LVTF having with this requirement of changing button colours and
having to have different classes of focus rings so they all had proper
contrast.

The double ring (white/black) is a great idea by Apple. But there are many
other ways to ensure good contrast between interactive elements and their
focus rings.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*