Re: Colour Luminosity/Contrast for form inputs/controls/components

On 02/11/2016 09:58, josh@interaccess.ie wrote:
> Currently SC 1.4.1 states:
>
> *1.4.1
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#visual-audio-contrast-without-color>
> Use of Color:* Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying
> information, indicating an action, prompting a response, or
> distinguishing a visual element. (Level A)
>
> To me that would be better as:
>
> *1.4.1
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#visual-audio-contrast-without-color>
> Use of Color:*Color is not used as the only visual means of conveying
> information, indicating an action, prompting a response, or
> distinguishing a visual element but when it is use a minimum level of
> 4.5:1  to indicate UI/interactive components (Level A)

I think this is mixing two separate issues here though...you're trying
to crowbar a dependency on 1.4.3 into 1.4.1. At a stretch, I'd say you
should move this into a note, rather than the normative text, as a
reminder to also check 1.4.3 in any case...but it feels like you're
special-casing this (otherwise, why not also say "oh, and make sure it's
keyboard accessible..." etc)

Patrick H. Lauke