W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

Minutes of the Silver Teleconference of 28 October 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:16:59 -0400
To: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <670ef4c5-3fa3-b1c5-5a02-0cc398b35a70@spellmanconsulting.com>
HTML version of Minutes:


Text of Minutes:


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             Silver Subgroup

28 Oct 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/28-silver-irc


           jeanne, Sarah

           shawn, AWK




      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Stakeholder map
          2. [5]Survey
          3. [6]Stakeholder Interviews
          4. [7]Next steps
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions

Stakeholder map

    Project kickoff F2F to build the stakeholder map.

    The groupings matter

    Identify communication paths for the stakeholders

    Name, title, role (responsibility, authority, accountability),
    (and contact info privately), how WCAG affects their role.

    Survey Monkey survey

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne will investigate W3C survey for
    multiple records in one entry. [recorded in

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/28-silver-minutes.html#action01]



    right questions for the answers we need

    Alternate languages?

    Need list of surveys and objectives of survey needed to give to
    Professors in partnership to line up grad students for January.

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to set up date driven timeline
    [recorded in

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/28-silver-minutes.html#action02]

Stakeholder Interviews

    interview format

    need a collection vehicle

    Interviews - need more languages for international interviews

    Ask a11y leaders internationally to help with thought leader

    Who does the interview depends on the person, the thinkers
    probably will be interviewed by Silver, and the doers can be
    interviewed by grad students

Next steps

    Agenda for next Tuesday: Write the questions for the survey of

    Sarah is drawing up info package for enrolling professors into
    helping us

    Jeanne is rewriting the timeline to be date sorted

    Jeanne and Sarah will investigate survey features to allow
    multiple records

    Jeanne will investigate project management tools.

    <SarahHorton> This is the document we're going to use to
    collect ideas for stakeholder map input:

      [12] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YkHiR58If7rqeV1Zj_ifXesqcgvTblOdiNVodd_qTds/edit?usp=sharing


      [13] https://docs.google.com/document/d/132b4XZFOTQikKAmsRuc4Q_NvuhUqsRzX5JZ3iynKzxg/edit?usp=sharing

    <SarahHorton> This second link is our meeting notes/takeaway
    summary, action items doc

    The Timeline and Resources document is

      [14] https://docs.google.com/a/google.com/document/d/1NODgHFRqz7gYjztVcKhDGYPGs3kqTn0jd4mkdgEVl-o/edit?usp=sharing

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to set up date driven timeline [recorded
    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne will investigate W3C survey for multiple
    records in one entry. [recorded in

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/28-silver-minutes.html#action02
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/28-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 28 October 2016 15:17:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:07 UTC