Re: CfC: Issue 200

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:20:14 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
On 26/10/2016 14:04, Jonathan Avila wrote:
> Ø  Has anyone confirmed that the tools used to get these contrast ratios
> do or do not round up without us knowing?
>
> This is something I have made a note to check on internally.  I’d assume
> this will be something that needs to be evaluated on  a tool by tool
> basis and may need a tweak.  My guess is that most tools use two
> significant digits and allow rounding after that.

I know for a fact that the TPG Colour Contrast Analyser does rounding to
1 decimal point. I have opened issues in GitHub for our developers to
harmonize the approach based on this thread/discussion. I would suggest,
as Jonathan said, that this needs to be evaluated on a per-tool basis
(and bugs/issues filed against tools to make sure they follow this
latest understanding about threshold minimum values and not to round
values *before* comparing them to the threshold)

Patrick H. Lauke