W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

minutes of Silver subgroup teleconference 25 October 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:36:33 -0400
To: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <c3b86ab4-5802-97be-fa9b-547f31b347b6@spellmanconsulting.com>
Minutes in HTML:

https://www.w3.org/2016/10/25-silver-minutes.html


Text of minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             Silver Sub-group

25 Oct 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/25-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           jeanne, Shawn

    Regrets
           Sarah

    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]timeline review
          2. [5]Adding WCAG WG Checkpoints to the Design Process
          3. [6]Budget brainstorm
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      * [8]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <Lauriat>
    [9]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/work-statement

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/work-statement

timeline review

    [10]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver#
    Timeline

      [10] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver#Timeline

    review timeline. added additional checkpoints for key dates
    (CSUN, TPAC, Requirements doc)

    Added dates for WCAG WG review. We agreed on a 6 week time for
    WCAG review.

    Added qualification that the timeline may change based on WCAG
    WG input.

Adding WCAG WG Checkpoints to the Design Process

    [11]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

    Added Checkpoint with WCAG WG to each major phase and several
    of the subphases.

Budget brainstorm

    SL: Make a new document based on the Timeline

    JS: Start adding places where additional resources (money or
    people) could make a difference.
    ... several people that I have talked with have offered
    assistance of people rather than money.
    ... I want to have substantive proposal of what we need.

    SL: Better based on the Methods
    ... set up new document for brainstorming

    JS: I added a that we needed grad students for designing and
    performing Research Studies, and possibly getting a consulting
    firm to help with the survey. That would cost big money, so it
    would be better to look for a donation of consultant resources.

    out of time, to be continued on Friday.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
  
Received on Tuesday, 25 October 2016 14:37:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:06 UTC