RE: Question F81 note at end of examples will lead to F2 failure

> Agreed, the difference may  not be conveyed via color but it is suggesting some semantics or info relationship that is not available via text or programmatic determinable markup.

Right, but this failure is only listed as a failure of SC 1.4.1.  So using bold or lightness is sufficient contrast is acceptable to pass SC 1.4.1.  You are correct that it would still be a failure under SC 1.3.1 unless other methods were used.  I think we should keep the note but perhaps update it to be clear that it would pass the SC associated with the failure only and other SC must be evaluated on their own merits.

Jon

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com
703.637.8957 (Office)

Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin | Blog
Check out our Digital Accessibility Webinars!