W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

Minutes of Silver subgroup teleconference of 18 October 2016

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 10:47:27 -0400
To: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <71c5176e-5a2d-a254-a91a-273695a4238b@spellmanconsulting.com>
HTML Minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-minutes.html


Text of Minutes

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             Silver subgroup

18 Oct 2016

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Jeanne, Sarah, Shawn

    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Timeline for research phase
      * [5]Summary of Action Items
      * [6]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    JS: I had a good conversation with Mike two weeks ago,
    and he offered various types of help to us, and I was thinking
    we should ask him for some support from a Project Manager in
    helping us get organized.

    SH: Are we done with our original Phase 1? I'll set up a new
    folder for Designing Silver

    SL: Let's not confuse it with the actual 5 Phases of the Silver
    design process

Timeline for research phase

    Process ->
    [7]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

       [7] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

    Group agrees to call the people with research expertise who
    will be helping us "external experts" so they are not confused
    with "invited experts". They will not be Invited Experts of
    WCAG.

    <scribe> ACTION: Call Jutta about grad students to
    help with Silver research. [recorded in
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]

    SL: The end of the timeline gets increasingly vague, because we
    don't know what we will be proposing as a prototype, since it
    will be driven by the research.

    The group is setting up a Stakeholder document and a external
    experts list. These will not be public because they have
    contact information and there are privacy concerns. There will
    be a public list that will not have contact information.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Call Jutta about grad students to help
    with Silver. [recorded in
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-minutes.html#action01]

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/18-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
      
Received on Tuesday, 18 October 2016 14:48:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:06 UTC