From: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca<mailto:david100@sympatico.ca>>
Date: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 15:35
To: "josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>" <josh@interaccess.ie<mailto:josh@interaccess.ie>>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org<mailto:w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Re[4]: CfC: Approve draft charter for AC review

For me the amended charter language doesn't accomplish what I presented at the phone meeting, because the sentence that I objected to remains in the Normative Section (3.1) . Can we simply delete the sentence:

"The Working Group intends to produce regular updates for WCAG guidelines, starting with WCAG 2.1. The public schedule for the updates is documented in the AG WG Project Management Plan."

We've signaled to the ACs in the background section that we intent to update accessibility guidance on an approximate 3 year cadence. I hope that's enough ... Removing this sentence from the normative section will address all my concerns at this time and will allow us to see how 2.1 goes before we say more about how we will make shorter cycles between releases.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902