From: John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Sent: 22 September 2016 09:55:36
To: Léonie Watson
Cc: WCAG; James Craig; Wilco Fiers
Subject: Re: Failures Definition (Problem?)

> That said, I think that failure techniques themselves are a problem anyway.

Hi Leonie,

I tend to agree with that statement as well, and in a bigger "going forward" discussion I'd personally like for this WG to completely re-think "Failure Techniques" altogether. One potential alternative (suggested by Wilco Fiers of the WAI-ACT TF) would be to move towards a model of Success Techniques and Failure RULES - but I also wonder if this might not be a subject for the Silver/3.0 effort.

Meanwhile, the current non-normative language of the current Understanding document could likely be modified as an editorial change without the same amount of overhead as a re-factoring of WCAG, if this WG believes it is necessary.

JF