RE: Proposed SC: Unique Titles - or - Unique & Updated Titles

From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2016 8:47 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

The challenge we have is that a viewport within a single page may need a different title than another viewport within the same page.  For example, some pages use snap to scrolling where different whole screens are loaded when you scroll but it’s all the same document.  In mobile apps we have screens and not pages – right now with WCAG to non-web ICT only the app needs a title and there is no requirement for screen titles for each screen of a native mobile app.

[Jason] Furthermore, WCAG2ICT is non-normative, and any normative integration of non-Web ICT would be outside the scope of WCAG 2.1, but within the scope of whatever major revision follows it.
I think the issue you raise here affects the conformance scheme quite fundamentally, since it seems to demand a unit of conformance other than a “Web page” as currently defined. Similarly, the concerns I expressed yesterday may turn out to require revision of conformance-related concepts (unless they’re addressed already somewhere).

Thank you for your compliance.