Re: Parallax and vestibular disorders

Laura wrote:
> Re: Request for removal of animation
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2016Aug/0000.html

Thanks Laura,

I hadn’t considered that slow-scrolling to be an issue (as it basically slows down the default browser behavior), but it makes sense, and I think would be caught by the current wording [1].

My question to the group is whether we need to narrow the wording in terms of scale. The Quick Ref tool’s “animation” is most of the page, as is a parallax effect.

Would a small menu that animates it’s opening be an issue? Or a model dialogue that animates it’s opening?

I’ll reach out to Nat (Gregg?) and see if I can get a more informed view on that.

I would also note that there are usability advantages to some of these animations (especially for novices or people with cognitive issues) as they make the behavior of the system more transparent.

Cheers,

-Alastair

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Animation_caused_by_user_interaction