All the best

Lisa Seeman

LinkedIn, Twitter

---- On Wed, 03 Aug 2016 21:34:23 +0300  White<jjwhite@ets.org> wrote ----

   From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
 Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:41 PM

       2.Be testable through automated or manual processes.
  [Jason] They should be as reliably testable as possible, while achieving their intended purpose and benefit.

  Why is this significant?  If a criterion doesn’t achieve the intended purpose then it won’t be accepted.
 [Jason] It’s significant in that it explicitly states the trade-off that success criterion writers need to consider. Making a requirement more reliably testable can easily occur at the expense of achieving its goals, and thus I am proposing to acknowledge the balancing which needs to be done.

      6.Apply to all content, unless specific exceptions are included in the success criteria (e.g. "except interruptions involving an emergency").
  [Jason] Where a success criterion applies to only some types of content or only under specific conditions, such conditions should be stated explicitly (e.g., “If non-text content is time-based media”).

  I think that your change says the same thing, but doesn’t work with the structure of the prompt, so leaving as is.
 [Jason] Exceptions and explicitly stated conditions aren’t the same thing, in my view, hence I do not think it should be left as is.

 Thank you for your compliance.