RE: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"?

From: David MacDonald [mailto:david100@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:34 AM

Both Alastair and Jason make good points. I've tweaked the WIKI to amend the definition programmatically determined link context and leave the SC as is.
[Jason] Consider the following rewrite of the definition of “programmatically determined link context”.
additional information that can be programmatically determined from relationships
with a link, combined with the link text, or taken from a label or description programmatically associated with the link, and presented to users in different modalities

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Modify_2.4.4_to_include_Accessible_Name_for_link_destination

[Jason] My version avoids specifying the mechanism – there’s no reliance on accessibility API concepts here. It should be at once more general and easier to understand. The sentence is rather long; some further editorial work may be desirable.

Thank you for your compliance.