Re: New SC: Avoid disrupting working accessibility features

Jonathan wrote:
"I tend to agree with Sailesh that I’m not sure interoperability and
non-interference are captured fully with WCAG. The non-interference
clause in the conformance requirements section seems to really be
about technologies that are not used to claim conformance on the page.
What if the technologies are used to claim conformance and they
interfere?"
Well put Jonathan. It does  sort of suggest what is intended by that
S508 paragraph in the opening email to this thread.

How about adding a clause to the conformance requirement under
non-interference along the lines of:
"A method (or technique?) that is relied upon to meet a success
criterion is not disabled or obfuscated (or made confusing) by another
partly or fully implemented technique that addresses the same or other
success criterion".

or
"The application of a method (or technique?) that is relied upon to
meet a success criterion is not disabled or obfuscated (or made
confusing) by another partly or fully implemented technique that
addresses the same or other success criterion".

Although I like the usage of the word "obfuscated", I wonder if it
might be interpreted differently  because "obfuscate" has a slightly
different connotation in the technology and coding world.
But I believe the statement captures the essence of  what I intended.

Thanks,
Sailesh Panchang