Re: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"?

Hmmmm

this isnt a clarification but a change   and would restrict the solutions here.

The programmatically determined link context includes any context that can be programmatically determined.   this includes the headers above, its parent in a list etc.

making it be required to be the accessible name only — would remake things much longer to present in many cases.

The goal was to create a way to make information compact — but provide screen readers with a way to present information compactly (or allow the screen reader user to be able to query the context for a link without having to hear the full context on each link - esp where repeated)

For example -  with context this would be read as follows —(with the ability to ask what the context (e.g. header above) was for each link.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two
 Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage. PDF  DOC   dBook   Kindle  Text

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
 Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage.    PDF  DOC   dBook   Kindle  Text

If only accessible name was provided - it (and the rest of the page) would  read

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany and Jack Thorne, a new play by Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two  PDF  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two DOC   Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two dBook  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two  Kindle  Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - Parts One and Two Text

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter's summer has included the worst birthday ever, doomy warnings from a house-elf called Dobby, and rescue from the Dursleys by his friend Ron Weasley in a magical flying car!
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets PDF  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets DOC  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets dBook  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Kindle  Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Text

In  a listing of all books in a service this could get very long.

It is ok to create a new - more restricted SC in 2.1

I just wanted to note what programmatically determined link context  meant in WCAG 2.0.     And David is correct - it is harder to understand.

gregg