RE: Ethics of user testing and people with cognitive disabilities

From: Michael Cooper [mailto:cooper@w3.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:41 AM

I let Jason know yesterday about this thread. It might be a thread we should move to the RQTF, where we hope to have a collection of people who can offer guidance on ethics questions.

[Jason] Thank you, Michael. There have been proposals in the past (advocated with good reason by Mark Hakkinen, for instance) to develop guidance for the conduct of accessibility-aware research. If such guidance were to be offered, it would provide a suitable context in which to discuss questions of research ethics as they pertain to accessibility and usability testing of Web content. Of course, there are other contexts in which these important concerns could be raised, too, within and outside of the Research Questions Task force.

Thank you for your compliance.