Re: 1.4.2 audio control, do we want to require the stop mechanism to be more discoverable?

Hi David,

> ensure the mechanism to stop auto play of music is easy to find and get to

Perhaps something here:
https://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/#access-to-interactive-controls-menus
?

> force other system sounds to drop in volume when AT is running

Hmmm, that kind of feels more like an AT/User Agent requirement than a
Content requirement. However, somewhat related, we have this in the MAUR as
well: https://www.w3.org/TR/media-accessibility-reqs/#clean-audio

However, because this very much feels like a system requirement (which is
where we recorded it in the MAUR) we may have to defer that to "Silver".

> Personally, I'd like to require the mechanism to stop auto play audio in
the the first few tab stops, or some other easily discoverable way.

While I would be concerned about enumerating "how many" tab stops, I agree
with the general idea, and with media in particular. I wonder if adding a
"No Auto-Start" under SC 2.2.2 might be worth considering? (Is there much
of a difference between auto-start and auto-updating as noted in the
current SC?)

JF

--
John Foliot